Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Where can I go to find out where congressmen are getting campaign contributions?

I am upset and quite frankly irate with the way our media covers politics (or anything for that matter). So I am planning on starting my own newspaper with a few friends from high school soon. My question is this, my first article will deal with congressmen receiving donations and contributions from big Health insurance and pharmaceutical industries, conglomerates, etc. Where can I find how much money was donated, to who, and when? They have to keep records of that stuff, right?Where can I go to find out where congressmen are getting campaign contributions?
opensecrets.org or .com I forget which.





This is on point as well: http://www.wsws.org/articles/2009/jul200鈥?/a>





The health industry was giving at a rate of 1.4 MILLION PER DAY and Obama isn't letting people see white house visitor logs. People speculate this is so the public can't track how much time he is spending with insurance companies and big pharma companies.





Why don't you also look at Ron Paul's private health savings accounts and tax credits, HR 1495 the `Comprehensive Health Care Reform Act of 2009' ? If govt wanted to drive down costs that would be the way to go because it removes a big part if ins and govt from the picture letting individuals manage their own accounts.





Even if govt added a subsidy element by making the tax credits like the earned income credit (a subsidy if you make below a certain level) or adds a true catestrophic care/preexisting care coverage, these plans would be for the people, not for special interests.





Take care.Where can I go to find out where congressmen are getting campaign contributions?
A website called opensecrects.

No comments:

Post a Comment