Friday, February 12, 2010

If I were to start a campaign about hair discrimination, what would your views and ideas be?

Hair Discrimination, eg. Laughing and joking/abusing someone on the colour of their hair..If I were to start a campaign about hair discrimination, what would your views and ideas be?
In answer to those who say hair colour discrimination doesn't happen, it can occur against redheads in the UK, but it is usually just kids teasing eachother.If I were to start a campaign about hair discrimination, what would your views and ideas be?
I'd be all for it. In college, I had a chunky fushia streak in my blond hair and was teased because it ';wasn't a natural color'; by the sorority morons. (They were wearing pink and green dyed pearls at the time.) I also had a professor tell me that he didn't think I could ever hold a job (I was holding two jobs at the time, supporting myself while in college) because of my punk ';look';. Now, twenty years later, it's pop. Characters on TV are portrayed as normally sporting their ';individual'; looks and it is just seen as a left of center form of self expression. We've always held jobs and been just as good at them as anyone else. Everyone understands that fat girls type just as fast as skinny girls, so why would the color our their hair matter?
Yes, im a natural blonde and i am pretty smart, yet people still judge me by saying that im a ';dumb blonde'; or cracking jokes.





Good idea!
stuff about blondes. i go to a grammar school and half the people there are blondes so i dont' see how this works.
pretty sure that doesn't happen
uhm i dont think its that serious..


like if someone commits suiside its deff not


just from people making fun of there hair color
I honestly think you would be in your OWN campaign, sorry but Idont think that is an important issue and anyone cares.

No comments:

Post a Comment