Monday, February 8, 2010

How many of you are contributing to an election campaign this year?

I read a lot of strong opinions on YA, for and against this or that candidate. So, are you making or planning to make a contribution to your candidate? Is this the first time you have donated? Is the amount significant in terms of your income or worth?How many of you are contributing to an election campaign this year?
Good question.





Personally, I have donated 3 times to the Obama campaign, in amounts that are significant for me.





This is the acid test. Everyone who said they donated to anyone's campaign got a ';thumbs-up'; from me. Even those supporting Hillary. That was hard for me. LOL!How many of you are contributing to an election campaign this year?
Thanks!

Report Abuse



I never suport candidates. Like my $50 will make a difference whether my candidate is elected or not? They find plenty of people higher up in the foodchain than me to donate- look at all the money they raise %26amp; not a penny of it was from me or anyone I know! I would never donate. It's sickening the amount of money that goes into these campaigns when there are starving, homeless, needy people in the US %26amp; people without healthcare.
I gave $100 to the Obama campaign last year. That is not a significant amount at my income level. (I donate more than that to my church every week.)





I am expecting a large bonus in a couple of months. Once the Democratic nomination is settled, I plan to make a goodly contribution to that campaign.
When there is a candidate that I can get behind because I truly agree with them on the issues and believe in their principles I will once again donate- around 5-8 yrs ago I used to give a decent amount to candidates, PACS and such but then saw that none of them was doing what I wanted-


McCain is by far the best of the current pack but he is still at least 50% a liberal- he'll get my vote over the two marxists but not with great excitement
No, all the candidates already took contributions from me through federal taxes. I will only support a candidate, through contributions, that I agree with 90% of the time. No candidate for congress or the presidency has been close.
i donate to hillary's campaign. Reverend Wright made me do it. yes, the amount is significant and no i haven't donated in the past for a politician but for a cause i have.
This is the first election campaign that I have donated to - not a huge sum of money, it was more on principal - a way to show my support.
There are too many idiots who get their thrills by financing some idiots to run for election. If the money would dry out, the problems would disappear.
I have made several small donations to Obama... first time I';ve ever donated to a politician, and I plan to make another donation shortly.
I donated $25 to Obama's campaign when they were doing a ';be a first time donor, five people will have dinner with him'; promotion. But I didn't get picked to have dinner with him. :-(
I donated to Ron Paul... I've campaigned before but this was the first monetary donation i've made. It was 25 bucks and I'm a poor college student.
I gave $100 to John McCain.





I rarely donate to political campaigns and don't have a lot of money.
Working hard on spreading the Ron Paul message. I donated to his commercial: A High Tide and to himself.
$0 from me. I believe in public financing of elections.
If Hillary gets thwe nod, I'm contributing to McCain. He'll need it!
I wouldn't give any of them a nickel. Same as they'd do for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment