Friday, February 12, 2010

Can you donate to a political campaign without being put on their mailing lists?

I've never donated to a political campaign, but I do get mailings from my local Representative since I'm a constituent.





I assume that if you donate to one of the political campaigns you will receive mailings from them. Is this true? Is there a way to donate without being put on a mailing list?Can you donate to a political campaign without being put on their mailing lists?
No. You can't.





For one thing, there are legal limitations on how much you can give to a particular candidate in any election cycle, so they need to be able to track that.





Mainly, though, there's no way a politician is going to let your name go if you're one of the small minority of Americans who will actually donate directly to a political campaign.





I suppose you could ask, but I doubt they'll accommodate your request.Can you donate to a political campaign without being put on their mailing lists?
There must be a way!
send it to me and i will forward to Hillary.





otherwise keep your money
Send a money order and dont give a return address,as long as its under the legal limit it wont much matter
If you donate something like $10, all of that money will be spent on mailings trying to get you to donate more money. Send a money order with no return address.
If you're a registered Democrat or Republican you will get mailings like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment